Wild Wild Rice Recipe
Wild rice really shines in this pretty and tasty chicken dish, which has such a fun name. Hearty helpings always satisfy hunger in a hurry.— Lisa Neu, Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 35 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2-1/3 cups water
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) French-style green beans, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. In a small skillet, saute green pepper and onion in 1 tablespoon butter until crisp-tender; set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, bring the water, rice and remaining butter to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in the chicken, soup, green beans, water chestnuts, carrot, mayonnaise and green pepper mixture.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 338 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 797 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC