Wild Turkey Rice Bake
Wild rice, turkey and vegetables are combined in a savory sauce and topped with golden crumbs in this hearty dish from Margaret Hill of Roanoke, Virginia. "Cooked wild turkey can be a little dry, but not when it's prepared this way," she assures. "I never have leftovers."
8 ServingsPrep: 40 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup hot water
- 3-1/2 cups cubed cooked wild turkey
- 1-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Prepare rice according to package directions; place in a large bowl.
- Dissolve bouillon in hot water; add to rice. Stir in the turkey,
- celery, soup, water chestnuts, mushrooms, onion and soy sauce.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and
- butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for
- 55-60 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 279 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 1,332 mg sodium,