- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup hot water
- 3-1/2 cups cubed cooked wild turkey
- 1-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Prepare rice according to package directions; place in a large bowl. Dissolve bouillon in hot water; add to rice. Stir in the turkey, celery, soup, water chestnuts, mushrooms, onion and soy sauce.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Wild Turkey Rice Bake in Taste of Home December/January 2002, p60
Reviews for Wild Turkey Rice Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 12, 2012
"My husband loves this recipe! I ate one serving, he ate the rest before I could pack up the left overs for my lunch the next day! This is a wonderful way to use left over turkey!"