Wild Salmon with Hazelnuts Over Spinach Recipe
We serve only fresh line-caught wild salmon here at the hotel. The crunchy toasted hazelnuts and the spinach add great flavor.
- 8 wild salmon fillets (7 ounces each)
- 1/2 pound fresh baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill salmon skin side down, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 12-14 minutes or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute spinach in 1 tablespoon butter until tender; remove from the pan and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute garlic in remaining butter for 1 minute. Stir in the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Place spinach on serving plates; top with salmon. Drizzle with butter mixture and sprinkle with hazelnuts. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Wild Salmon with Hazelnuts Over Spinach in Country August/September 2010, p52
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Wild Salmon with Hazelnuts Over Spinach(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Grilled Fish >
- Grilled Salmon >
- Grilled Salmon Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Hazelnut Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Memorial Day Dinners >
- Memorial Day Recipes >