- In the same kettle, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth.
- Gradually stir in reserved stock. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for
- 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat.
- In a small bowl, combine cream and yolks. Add 1 cup stock to egg
- mixture, then stir into kettle. Return soup to heat; heat gently
- over medium-low. (Do not boil.) Add reserved rice, onion and ham
- along with mushrooms, chicken broth, pepper, thyme and parsley. Thin
- with milk if necessary. Yield: 12-16 servings (4 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 255 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 201 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.