I love soup and serve it often. My sister gave me this delicious recipe that's surprisingly low in fat. It cooks up in no time. —Martha Pollock, Oregonia, Ohio
Recommended: Classic Homemade Soup Recipes
- 5 cups water
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a large saucepan, combine the water and rice mix with contents of seasoning packet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the soup, milk, cream cheese and salt; stir until cheese is melted. Add broccoli and carrot; cook over medium-low heat for 5-6 minutes or until vegetables and rice are tender. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Wild Rice Soup in Light & Tasty August/September 2003, p8
Reviews for Wild Rice with Broccoli Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 20, 2014
"Very easy and nice for a cold night. I added a splash of worcestershire sauce as well"
Reviewed Oct. 7, 2010
"easy to make delicious and lowfat!"