Wild Rice Turkey Salad Recipe
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and halved
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 cup cashews, divided
- 1 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the rice, turkey, onions, celery and water chestnuts. Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, salt, pepper and dill; pour over salad and gently stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 2. Coarsely chop 3/4 cup cashews. Just before serving, stir the grapes and chopped cashews into salad. Garnish with remaining cashews. Yield: 6-7 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 544 calories, 35g fat (8g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 661mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein
Reviews for Wild Rice Turkey Salad
"This recipe was very quick and very good! I used leftover wild rice and then modified it a little by adding shell pasta noodles. It was very delicious and simple to throw together."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.