Wild Rice Turkey Dinner Recipe
- 3/4 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 turkey breast tenderloins (8 ounces each)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1. In a 4 qt. slow cooker, layer the rice, squash, onion and turkey. Add broth; sprinkle with salt, pepper and thyme. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove turkey; cut into slices. Stir cranberries into rice mixture. Using a slotted spoon, serve squash mixture with turkey. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 346 calories, 2g fat (trace saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 1032mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 10g fiber), 22g protein
Reviews for Wild Rice Turkey Dinner
"It was pretty bland. I ate it all, but I don't think it was worth it to make it again."
"This recipe was HORRIBLE! Turkey was dry, and the rice and squash mix and an awful boring taste. My family couldnt eat half of it, thats how awful it was"