- 3/4 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 turkey breast tenderloins (8 ounces each)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a 4 qt. slow cooker, layer the rice, squash, onion and turkey. Add broth; sprinkle with salt, pepper and thyme. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove turkey; cut into slices. Stir cranberries into rice mixture. Using a slotted spoon, serve squash mixture with turkey. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Wild Rice Turkey Dinner in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p48
Reviews for Wild Rice Turkey Dinner
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 5, 2013
"It was pretty bland. I ate it all, but I don't think it was worth it to make it again."
Reviewed Aug. 28, 2011
"This recipe was HORRIBLE! Turkey was dry, and the rice and squash mix and an awful boring taste. My family couldnt eat half of it, thats how awful it was"