Wild Rice Stuffing Recipe
Since trying this stuffing recipe from my sister, I haven't made any other kind. It's so moist and tasty. When a big bowlful starts circulating around the table, happy holiday smiles get even bigger! -Connie Olson, Green River, Wyoming
- Turkey giblets
- 4 cups water
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2-1/2 cups crushed seasoned stuffing
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1. Remove liver from giblets if desired. Place giblets and water in a saucepan. Cover and simmer for 2 hours or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, prepare the rice according to package directions. In a small skillet, saute celery and onion in butter; add to the rice. Drain and dice giblets. Stir stuffing, broth and giblets into rice.
- 3. Spoon into an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 231 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 685 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Wild Rice Stuffing
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC