Wild Rice Stuffing Recipe
- Turkey giblets
- 4 cups water
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2-1/2 cups crushed seasoned stuffing
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1. Remove liver from giblets if desired. Place giblets and water in a saucepan. Cover and simmer for 2 hours or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions. In a small skillet, saute celery and onion in butter; add to rice. Drain and dice giblets. Stir stuffing, broth and giblets into rice.
- 3. Spoon into an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
3/4 cup: 231 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 685mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein
Reviews for Wild Rice Stuffing
"Do not bake too long--tends to be dry."
"This was easy and delicious. Next time I think I will add more bread cubes...Great flavor!!"
"I skip the first step with the turkey giblets. I do not use them at all. The recipe is very easy to make and tastes very good. I probably make it 4 times a year with or without turkey as the main course. For Thanksgiving, I usually make it with Herbed Turkey Breast, another great recipe from Taste of Home."
"To suit our tastes, I skip the first part with the giblets and cube 3/4 of a loaf of white bread instead of the crushed seasoned stuffing. In my opinion, there is enough salt with the broth and long grain and wild rice mix."