Wild Rice-Stuffed Steaks
Filled with a scrumptious, packaged rice mixture and seasoned with teriyaki sauce, these steaks are a favorite of Ardith Baker’s in Beaverton, Oregon. Just four ingredients are required for the delightful entree, so it comes together in a snap.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (6.2 ounces) fast-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 6 boneless beef top loin steaks (12 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce, divided
- Cook rice according to package directions for microwave; cool. Stir
- in onions. Cut a pocket in each steak by slicing to within 1/2 in.
- of bottom. Stuff each with 1/4 cup rice mixture; secure with
- toothpicks. Brush steaks with 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce.
- Place on a broiler pan. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes.
- Turn steaks; brush with 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce. Broil 6-8
- minutes longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for
- medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°;
- well-done, 170°), basting frequently with remaining sauce.
- Discard toothpicks. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.