- 1 package (6.2 ounces) fast-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 6 boneless beef top loin steaks (12 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce, divided
- Cook rice according to package directions for microwave; cool. Stir in onions. Cut a pocket in each steak by slicing to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Stuff each with 1/4 cup rice mixture; secure with toothpicks. Brush steaks with 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce.
- Place on a broiler pan. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes. Turn steaks; brush with 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce. Broil 6-8 minutes longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting frequently with remaining sauce. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Wild Rice-Stuffed Steaks in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006, p21
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Wild Rice-Stuffed Steaks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2012
"I thought this was okay but not great. It was hard to tell when the steak was done."