Wild Rice-Stuffed Steaks Recipe
Filled with a scrumptious, packaged rice mixture and seasoned with teriyaki sauce, these steaks are a favorite of Ardith Baker’s in Beaverton, Oregon. Just four ingredients are required for the delightful entree, so it comes together in a snap.
- 1 package (6.2 ounces) fast-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 6 boneless beef top loin steaks (12 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce, divided
- Cook rice according to package directions for microwave; cool. Stir in onions. Cut a pocket in each steak by slicing to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Stuff each with 1/4 cup rice mixture; secure with toothpicks. Brush steaks with 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce.
- Place on a broiler pan. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes. Turn steaks; brush with 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce. Broil 6-8 minutes longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting frequently with remaining sauce. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Wild Rice-Stuffed Steaks in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006, p21
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Wild Rice-Stuffed Steaks(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2012
I thought this was okay but not great. It was hard to tell when the steak was done.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Christmas Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >
- Rice Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >