- 1 whole boneless pork loin roast (4 pounds), trimmed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups wild rice, cooked and drained
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 3/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 5 bacon strips, cut in half
- Cut roast down the center lengthwise to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open roast so it lies flat. On each half, make a lengthwise slit down the center to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Sprinkle with salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, apricots, onion, celery, parsley, sage, thyme and broth. Divide half of the stuffing among the three slits. Roll up roast from a long side; tie with kitchen string at 2-in. intervals. Place the remaining stuffing in a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish; set aside.
- Bake roast, uncovered, at 350° for 2 hours. Carefully remove string. Place bacon strips over top. Bake 30-45 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Cover and bake reserved stuffing for 30 minutes or until heated through. Let roast stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Wild Rice-Stuffed Pork Loin in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p67
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Wild Rice-Stuffed Pork Loin(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- German Side Dishes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Roast Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >