Wild Rice-Stuffed Acorn Squash
I tried many variations of ingredients for the stuffing in my acorn squash. Here’s the version I liked best--a rustic mix of wild rice, carrots, dried cherries, pecans and more.
8 ServingsPrep: 1 hour Bake: 45 min.
- 4 small acorn squash
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg, divided
- 1 pound fresh carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-in. cubes
- 3/4 cup Diamond of California Pecan Halves, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped
- 10 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 375°, Cut squash lengthwise in half; remove and
- discard seeds. Brush with 2 tablespoons oil; sprinkle with 1/4 tsp
- salt, 1/2 tsp coriander and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg. Place squash in a
- 15x10x1-in. baking pan, cut sides up. Bake 35-45 minutes or until
- easily pierced with a fork.