Wild Rice Shrimp Saute Recipe
- 2-1/3 cups water
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the water, 1 tablespoon butter, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Add rice with seasoning packet; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- 2. Meanwhile, in another large skillet, cook the shrimp, green pepper and onions over medium heat in remaining butter. Cook and stir for 7-9 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Add rice; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 333 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 199mg cholesterol, 886mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein
Reviews for Wild Rice Shrimp Saute
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.