Wild Rice Shrimp Bake Recipe
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup seasoned stuffing croutons
- 1. Prepare rice according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the shrimp, green pepper, onion and mushrooms in butter until shrimp turn pink. Add the soup to the rice; stir into the shrimp mixture.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with croutons. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 299 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 137 mg cholesterol, 1,083 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Reviews for Wild Rice Shrimp Bake
"This is the very first recipe I sent to my recipe box. Very easy to prepare and is elegant enough to serve company. Herb/Garlic croutons are especially good on this."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.