Wild Rice Seafood Salad Recipe
With the rich Native American heritage of our state, a Minnesota wild rice recipe is in order. Wild rice grows naturally in our shallow lakes and was a staple of Indian diets.
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 2 cups flaked imitation crabmeat
- 1/2 cup each chopped sweet yellow, green and red peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh marjoram or 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large serving bowl, combine the rice, shrimp, crab, peppers and onion.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over rice mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 4-5 servings.
Originally published as Wild Rice Seafood Salad in Country June/July 2002, p49
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Wild Rice Seafood Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review