Wild Rice Salad Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- Seasoned salt, optional
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups halved green grapes
- 1 cup sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 cup cashews, optional
- Lettuce leaves
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt or substituting seasoned salt if desired. Drain well; cool to room temperature. Spoon into a large bowl; add chicken, grapes, water chestnuts and mayonnaise. Toss gently with a fork. Cover and chill.
- 2. Just before serving, add cashews if desired. Serve on lettuce leaves or line a bowl with lettuce leaves and fill with salad. Yield: 6 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (prepared without cashews or additional salt) equals 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 vegetable, 1 fat; also, 318 calories, 229 mg sodium, 38 mg cholesterol, 40 gm carbohydrate, 19 gm protein, 10 gm fat.