Wild Rice Salad Recipe
Since I spend part of my summers in northern Minnesota near the wild rice fields. I have tried many recipes featuring this delicious, nutty-flavored grain in the past 46 years. This salad is often requested by family and friends! Florence Jacoby, Granite Falls, Minnesota
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- Seasoned salt, optional
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups halved green grapes
- 1 cup sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 cup cashews, optional
- Lettuce leaves
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt or substituting seasoned salt if desired. Drain well; cool to room temperature. Spoon into a large bowl; add chicken, grapes, water chestnuts and mayonnaise. Toss gently with a fork. Cover and chill.
- Just before serving, add cashews if desired. Serve on lettuce leaves or line a bowl with lettuce leaves and fill with salad. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Wild Rice Salad in Taste of Home February/March 1993, p29
Reviews for Wild Rice Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 21, 2010
I made this for a Women's Ministries meal and it was great. I used black grapes and it tasted very good. Very easy to make ahead and mix at the last minute.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cashew Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Salad Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >