Wild Rice Quiche Recipe
Wild rice is very abundant in our state, so that's why I think this dish is appropriate for a regional recipe contest. This is an excellent brunch item that I usually serve with fresh muffins and fruit. When you add a steaming cup of Norwegian egg coffee, you have a super Minnesota meal.
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/3 cup chopped Canadian bacon or fully cooked ham
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Snipped parsley, optional
- 1. Bake crust at 425° for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside. Reduce heat to 325°.
- 2. In a skillet, saute Canadian bacon or ham and onion in butter until onion is tender. Spoon into the crust. Sprinkle with cheese and wild rice.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat eggs, cream and salt. Pour over all. Bake at 325° for 35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 307 calories, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 127 mg cholesterol, 459 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Wild Rice Quiche
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC