- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/3 cup chopped Canadian bacon or fully cooked ham
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Snipped parsley, optional
- Bake crust at 425° for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside. Reduce heat to 325°.
- In a skillet, saute Canadian bacon or ham and onion in butter until onion is tender. Spoon into the crust. Sprinkle with cheese and wild rice.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, cream and salt. Pour over all. Bake at 325° for 35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Wild Rice Quiche
Sort By :
"We love wild rice ( we live in Minnesota) but I had always used it as a side or in a "hot dish". It is delicious! So simple and so good!"
"The best ever quiche! The favorite of all!"
"Bravo! Very tasty recipe. There's no such thing as leftovers with this dish."
"While looking for a new recipe I saw this one again. I have been making it for years now. It is a favorite"