- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/3 cup chopped Canadian bacon or fully cooked ham
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Snipped parsley, optional
- Bake crust at 425° for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside. Reduce heat to 325°.
- In a skillet, saute Canadian bacon or ham and onion in butter until onion is tender. Spoon into the crust. Sprinkle with cheese and wild rice.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, cream and salt. Pour over all. Bake at 325° for 35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Wild Rice Quiche
Sort By :
"The best ever quiche! The favorite of all!"
"Bravo! Very tasty recipe. There's no such thing as leftovers with this dish."
"While looking for a new recipe I saw this one again. I have been making it for years now. It is a favorite"