Wild Rice Pilaf Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 2-1/3 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add rice mix with contents of seasoning packet and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat; stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (1/2 cup) equals 139 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 383 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.