Apricots and wild rice are pleasing companions in this easy pilaf our Test Kitchen staff created. The bits of dried fruit bring sweetness to this side dish that goes great with fish, seafood and poultry.
Recommended: 39 Amazing Ways to Love Whole Grains
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 2-1/3 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add rice mix with contents of seasoning packet and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat; stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Wild Rice Pilaf in Light & Tasty December/January 2005, p61
Reviews for Wild Rice Pilaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review