We exchange homemade gifts in our family—I give this tasty mix to relatives and friends. It goes well with a variety of entrees and it's a handy side dish to serve when guests drop in.
- 3 cups uncooked wild rice
- 2 cups dried lentils
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 cup medium pearl barley
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/4 cup beef bouillon granules
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons dried minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Store in an airtight container. To make two servings, combine 1/3 cup mix and 1 cup water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 50 minutes or until rice and barley are tender. Yield: 9 cups mix.
Originally published as Wild Rice Pilaf Mix in Country Woman Christmas 1996, p39
Reviews for Wild Rice Pilaf Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review