Wild Rice Pilaf Bake Recipe
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 3/4 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add wild rice; reduce heat. Cover and cook for 30 minutes. Add long grain rice; cook 20-25 minutes longer or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onion, carrots and rosemary in butter until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the rice, broccoli and pepper.
- 3. Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Fluff with a fork before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup: 219 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 273mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Wild Rice Pilaf Bake
"I have very picky little eaters and they absolutely LOVED this dish. I didn't add the broccoli and I diced the carrots into very small pieces. I used multi-grain rice mixture and added a teaspoon of Italian seasoning, dried sage and 2 celery stalk..YUMMO!! This does take about 30-40 minutes longer to bake than recipe says but so worth it!! I too used less butter and it was perfect."
"My guests loved it!"
"Great recipe. May only tip is to cook the wild rice longer si that it "pops"."
"Changed a bit to work for "regular" size meals: 1/3 c wild rice, 3/4 c parboiled (ie Uncle Ben's) rice, 2 c water + 1 tsp chicken stock base, 2 stalks celery, 1 carrot, 1 Tbsp butter, 1/2 tsp rosemary, 1/4 tsp black pepper, 1.5 c frozen broc florets. Left out onion (I don't eat it). Also reduced butter - original is ok for holidays but a bit much for week nites!"
"Next time I will reduce the amount of butter - otherwise a great recipe."