Wild Rice Pepper Salad Recipe
- 2/3 cup uncooked wild rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring the rice and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until rice is tender. Drain and place in a bowl. Refrigerate until chilled. Add the remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup equals 206 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 357 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Wild Rice Pepper Salad
"This has become my go-to salad. It's easy, tastes terrific, and stays well. I substituted dried cranberries for the raisins and like that even better."
"Very good and colorful recipe. I thought there was going to be too many peppers - not so. I was also leary of the raisins and you hardly notice they are in there. Next time I will experiment with the dressing. The Italian was a little harsh."