"Over the years, I’ve made this chilled salad countless times," says Darlene Gibbon of Milnor, North Dakota. "Using leftover rice really cuts down kitchen work and helps clean out the refrigerator, too."
- 2/3 cup uncooked wild rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- In a small saucepan, bring the rice and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until rice is tender. Drain and place in a bowl. Refrigerate until chilled. Add the remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Wild Rice Pepper Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2005, p27
Reviews for Wild Rice Pepper Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review