Wild Rice Pecan Waffles
My mother found this recipe and shared it with me. It has become a favorite of my family's - especially when the waffles are served with my dad's homemade maple syrup.
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, separated
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In a
- small bowl, whisk the egg yolks, milk and oil. Stir into dry
- ingredients just until moistened. In another bowl, beat egg whites
- until stiff peaks form; fold into batter. Fold in the rice and
- Bake in a preheated greased waffle iron according to manufacturer's
- directions until golden brown. Yield: 5-6 waffles (about 6-1/2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 615 calories, 38 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 149 mg cholesterol, 599 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 15 g protein.