Wild Rice Mushroom Casserole Recipe
- 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring rice, broth and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 45-50 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large nonstick skillet, saute celery, onion and mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in soup, salt and rice; transfer to a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 3 servings.
3/4 cup (prepared with reduced-sodium broth and reduced-fat butter) equals 188 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 708 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.