Wild Rice Mushroom Casserole
“My daughter is a vegetarian, so I'm always looking for meatless dishes she'd enjoy,” says Vicki Schrupp. The Little Falls, Minnesota cook beefs up the taste of her creamy rice dish with sauted veggies and chicken broth.
3 ServingsPrep: 55 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a small saucepan, bring the rice, broth and water to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45-50 minutes or until rice is
- tender and liquid is absorbed.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the celery, onion and mushrooms in
- butter until tender. Stir in the soup, salt and rice; transfer to a
- 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at
- 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 3
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup (prepared with reduced-sodium broth and reduced-fat butter) equals 188 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 708 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.