Wild Rice Mushroom Casserole Recipe
- 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a small saucepan, bring rice, broth and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 45-50 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large nonstick skillet, saute celery, onion and mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in soup, salt and rice; transfer to a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews for Wild Rice Mushroom Casserole
Sort By :
"I have made this recipe many times and love it. It's my favorite wild rice recipe!"
"This was so good. Very creamy. Didn't have wild rice so used brown instead. Turned out wonderful. Fixed a chicken breast to go with it, but could have just had the rice by itself. Will make this a keeper."
"Substitute a vegetable broth for the chicken broth. You are correct that chicken broth is not vegetarian."
"This sounds yummy. I'm thinking this might not be good for a vegetarian though, because it contains chicken broth."
"I'm confused on how the chicken broth fits in with a vegetarian dish."