“My daughter is a vegetarian, so I'm always looking for meatless dishes she'd enjoy,” says Vicki Schrupp. The Little Falls, Minnesota cook beefs up the taste of her creamy rice dish with sauted veggies and chicken broth.
- 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a small saucepan, bring rice, broth and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 45-50 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large nonstick skillet, saute celery, onion and mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in soup, salt and rice; transfer to a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Wild Rice Casserole in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009, p25
Reviews for Wild Rice Mushroom Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review