Wild Rice Mushroom Bake Recipe
The wild rice adds a wonderful flavor to this casserole. I like to serve it on special occasions.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + soaking Bake: 1 hour 25 min. YIELD:8-10 servings
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Place wild rice in a large bowl and cover with boiling water; soak for 1 hour. Drain and set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the mushroom mixture, wild rice, long grain rice, almonds, broth, cream, salt and pepper.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 75 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Yield: 8-10 servings.
3/4 cup equals 318 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 583 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC