Wild Rice Medley Recipe
For an autumn feel at any meal, serve this distinctive side dish starring wild rice. The recipe comes from Antonia Seguin of Westlock, Alberta.
- 1-3/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch dried thyme
- 3/4 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine broth and seasonings; bring to a boil. Add rice; cover and simmer for 55-60 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute green pepper and onion in oil. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add mushrooms; saute until tender. Stir in rice and tomato.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
1/2 cup: 110 calories, 3g fat (0g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 5g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Wild Rice Medley
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC