Wild Rice Meat Loaf Recipe
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked lean ground beef
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- 2. Firmly press into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 70 minutes. Cover with foil during the last 15 minutes if the top is browning too quickly. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 504 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 157 mg cholesterol, 932 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.