I've shared this recipe with many friends. The unique, hearty meat loaf is full of surprises - tangy wild rice and pockets of cheddar cheese make it extra special. Even so, it's not that tricky to prepare...try it and see! -Genie Lang, Jamestown, North Dakota
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked lean ground beef
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Firmly press into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 70 minutes. Cover with foil during the last 15 minutes if the top is browning too quickly. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Wild Rice Meat Loaf in Taste of Home February/March 1996, p29
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Wild Rice Meat Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review