Wild Rice Meat Loaf Recipe
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked lean ground beef
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Firmly press into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 70 minutes. Cover with foil during the last 15 minutes if the top is browning too quickly. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Wild Rice Meat Loaf(4)
Sort By :
I made this tonight and it was really good. I used half the wild rice (that's all I had) and it still turned out just fine. My son asked how it would taste if it was made with white rice and I said that would be good too!
This was great! I had wildrice cooked with carrot and onion left over and was looking for a creative way to use it up, about 3 cups which worked out great. I sauteed shallot and onion instead of using raw onion as called for, totalling about 1/3 cup in butter and added the salt, pepper and sage as called for in the recipe to that to infuse the flavor. I used Panko breadcrumbs and about 1/3 cup flour instead of the 1/2 cup as called for. Last 15 minutes of baking I glazed with a simple ketchup and brown sugar mix. Best meatloaf ever. Fantastic!!
Next time half the rice, cheese, flour and sage. Great recipe!
We have this meat loaf for a family meal on a cold night. We use twice the meat, half the wild rice, and half the flour for two loaves. The 2nd loaf is refrigerated; then sliced and "fried" for the next day. We think it tastes even better as 'fried leftovers' the next day.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Meatloaf Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >