Wild Rice Hot Dish Recipe
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 1 can (28 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 bay leaf, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon each celery salt, onion salt, poultry seasoning, garlic powder, paprika and pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1. In a large bowl, pour water over rice; let stand for 15 minutes. Drain and set aside. In a skillet, brown ground beef and onion. Drain; add to rice with remaining ingredients except almonds. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 2 hours. Sprinkle almonds on top; bake, uncovered, 30 minutes longer. Yield: 8-12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 216 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 853 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.