Wild Rice Harvest Casserole Recipe
- 4 to 5 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3/4 cup cashew pieces
- Chopped fresh parsley
- 1. In a skillet, brown chicken and celery in butter. In a large bowl, combine soup and broth until smooth. Add the mushrooms, onion, rice, poultry seasoning and chicken mixture. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover and bake for 30 minutes. Stir; sprinkle with cashews. Return to the oven for 15 minutes or until the rice is tender. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 each: 252 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 510mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Wild Rice Harvest Casserole
"Hubby said "you can make this once a week"."
"This is absolutely delicious! We had friends over and served this dish and what a great dish! I substituted julienned carrots for the celery since I didn't have any on celery hand and I also baked it in my cast iron dutch oven. I will definately make this one again!"