Wild Rice Harvest Casserole Recipe
Fall is the ideal time to enjoy a big helping of this hearty casserole, packed with wild rice and chicken and topped with cashews. When we serve this for our two daughters' birthday party, it gets raves! -Julianne Johnson, Grove City, Minnesota
- 4 to 5 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3/4 cup cashew pieces
- Chopped fresh parsley
- 1. In a skillet, brown chicken and celery in butter. In a large bowl, combine soup and broth until smooth. Add the mushrooms, onion, rice, poultry seasoning and chicken mixture. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover and bake for 30 minutes. Stir; sprinkle with cashews. Return to the oven for 15 minutes or until the rice is tender. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 252 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 510 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC