Wild Rice Ham Salad Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup julienned fully cooked ham
- 1 cup julienned Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions with tops
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- In a large saucepan, bring the rice, water and bouillon to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until the rice is tender. Drain if necessary; cool.
- In a large bowl, toss rice with ham, cheese, red pepper, broccoli, carrots and green onions. For dressing, combine lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, curry powder, salt and pepper in a blender or food processor. With machine on high, slowly add oil through the feeder cap until well mixed; dressing will thicken slightly.
- Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and chill several hours or overnight. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Wild Rice Salad in Country April/May 1995, p49
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Wild Rice Ham Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >