Wild Rice Dressing Recipe
This colorful dish makes an attractive addition to any buffet table. Everyone comments on the wonderful combination of bread, sausage, rice and fruit.—Shirley Werner, Twin Falls, Idaho
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 1 hour YIELD:35 servings
- 2-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 2-1/2 cups chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and crumbled
- 10 cups cubed crustless day-old white bread
- 6 cups cooked wild rice
- 4 cups chopped apples
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the celery, onion and poultry seasoning in butter until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Transfer to several large bowls. Add all the remaining ingredients. Place in two greased 6-qt. Dutch ovens. Cover and bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until apples are tender ; uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until browned. Yield: 35 (3/4-cup) servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 148 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 197 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC