This colorful dish makes an attractive addition to any buffet table. Everyone comments on the wonderful combination of bread, sausage, rice and fruit.—Shirley Werner, Twin Falls, Idaho
- 2-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 2-1/2 cups chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 10 cups cubed crustless day-old white bread
- 6 cups cooked wild rice
- 4 cups chopped apples
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a large skillet, saute the celery, onion and poultry seasoning in butter until vegetables are tender.
- Transfer to several large bowls. Add all the remaining ingredients. Place in two greased 6-qt. Dutch ovens. Cover and bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until apples are tender ; uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until browned. Yield: 35 (3/4-cup) servings.
Originally published as Wild Rice Dressing in Taste of Home October/November 1995, p54
Reviews for Wild Rice Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review