Wild Rice Crab Salad Recipe
We have an abundance of wild rice in the northern part of Minnesota, and I use it in many of my recipes. This recipe is from my daughter-in-law. —LaVerna Mjones, Moorhead, Minnesota
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 45 min. + chilling YIELD:12 servings
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked wild rice
- 1 pound cooked fresh or canned crabmeat
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) ranch salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the rice, crab, broccoli, cauliflower and onion. Combine the salad dressing, sugar, salt and pepper; pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup equals 337 calories, 22 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 532 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC