Wild Rice Crab Salad Recipe
We have an abundance of wild rice in the northern part of Minnesota, and I use it in many of my recipes. This recipe is from my daughter-in-law. —LaVerna Mjones, Moorhead, Minnesota
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked wild rice
- 1 pound cooked fresh or canned crabmeat
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) ranch salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook rice according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, crab, broccoli, cauliflower and onion. Combine the salad dressing, sugar, salt and pepper; pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Wild Rice Crab Salad in Country February/March 2009, p51
Reviews for Wild Rice Crab Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 2, 2010
I would definitely make this recipe again. The only thing I'd change would be the crab, as my third son is deathly allergic to seafood. Other than that, it's a delicious salad and one my family absolutely loves.