Wild Rice Chowder Recipe
- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) cubed process American cheese (Velveeta)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook bacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Saute onion in drippings until tender. Stir in flour and salt. Gradually stir in water and broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 2. Stir in the wild rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the milk, cheese, parsley and bacon; cook and stir until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1-1/3 cup: 329 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 894mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Wild Rice Chowder
"this was really good, and so easy to make. Will make again and again."
"My family loved this soup it is a keeper."