Wild Rice Chicken Soup Recipe
- 1/4 cup each chopped carrot, celery, green pepper and onion
- 1/4 cup chopped peeled parsnip
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 3/4 pound bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried savory
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cooked long grain and wild rice
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute the carrot, celery, green pepper, onion and parsnip in oil for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the broth, chicken, savory, garlic, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- 2. Remove chicken from broth. When cool enough to handle, remove meat from bones and cut into bite-size pieces. Discard bones. Add chicken and rice to soup; heat through. Yield: 5 servings.
1 cup: 213 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 983mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein .
Reviews for Wild Rice Chicken Soup
"I found this to be very flavorful. The variety of veggies was very good. I had "Flipside" Pretzel crackers. Will definitely have this again."