Wild Rice Chicken Soup Recipe
- 1/4 cup each chopped carrot, celery, green pepper and onion
- 1/4 cup chopped peeled parsnip
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 3/4 pound bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried savory
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cooked long grain and wild rice
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute the carrot, celery, green pepper, onion and parsnip in oil for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the broth, chicken, savory, garlic, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- 2. Remove chicken from broth. When cool enough to handle, remove meat from bones and cut into bite-size pieces. Discard bones. Add chicken and rice to soup; heat through. Yield: 5 servings.
1 cup: 213 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 983mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Wild Rice Chicken Soup
"I found this to be very flavorful. The variety of veggies was very good. I had "Flipside" Pretzel crackers. Will definitely have this again."