Wild Rice Chicken Skillet Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve long grain and wild rice
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil over medium heat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until juices run clear.
- 2. Stir in corn and rice; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook 3-4 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 341 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 763mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 4 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Wild Rice Chicken Skillet
"very good could cook rice on the side to save a little money if you have the time."