Wild Rice Chicken Salad
"Juicy red grapes, crunchy cashews and water chestnuts and a touch of tarragon make this wild rice salad a big hit at our family reunion," reports Mary Ann Morgan of Powder Springs, Georgia. "I fix it often at home for potluck dinners."
7 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 1/4 cup salted cashew halves
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, rice, water chestnuts and green
- onions. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, milk, lemon juice,
- salt, tarragon and pepper. Pour over chicken mixture; toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Just before serving, fold in
- grapes and sprinkle with cashews. Yield: 7 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 303 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 435 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.