Wild Rice Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 1/4 cup salted cashew halves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, rice, water chestnuts and green onions. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, milk, lemon juice, salt, tarragon and pepper. Pour over chicken mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Just before serving, fold in grapes and sprinkle with cashews. Yield: 7 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 303 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 435 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Wild Rice Chicken Salad
"I use couscous instead of the wild rice - this is great! I eat it for a meal at work! I have make this at least 2 dozen times and love it!"
"I put over only 1hour and it tastes goooood!"