Wild Rice Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained
- 1. Prepare the rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute the onion, almonds and parsley in butter for 4-5 minutes or until onion is tender and almonds are lightly toasted.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, milk, broth, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir in the chicken, rice and vegetables.
- 3. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish (mixture will be thin). Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 313 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 1,117 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Reviews for Wild Rice Chicken Casserole
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.