Wild Rice Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained
- Prepare the rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute the onion, almonds and parsley in butter for 4-5 minutes or until onion is tender and almonds are lightly toasted.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, milk, broth, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir in the chicken, rice and vegetables.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish (mixture will be thin). Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Wild Rice Chicken Casserole(2)
Sort By :
It was really runny, I wonder if you could cut back on the liquid and how much. I enjoyed the taste, my 2 year old loved it! I would put more chicken in next time.
I did make several changes to the recipe. Cooked my own wild rice with brown rice, fresh parsley and garlic. Fresh chicken rather than canned. It turned out more like soup, but the flavor was very good.
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Casseroles >
- Chicken and Rice Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >