Wild Rice Cheese Soup Recipe
The addition of chopped apple, beer and Gouda cheese makes this version of wild rice soup extra special.
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1/2 cup beer or additional chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cooked wild rice
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 8 ounces Gouda cheese, shredded
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1. In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the broth, apple, beer or additional broth, wild rice and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 2. In a bowl, combine cheese and flour; gradually add to soup. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low; stir in cream. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 371 calories, 26 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 835 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Reviews for Wild Rice Cheese Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC