Wild Rice Cheese Soup Recipe
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1/2 cup beer or additional chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cooked wild rice
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 8 ounces Gouda cheese, shredded
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1. In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the broth, apple, beer or additional broth, wild rice and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 2. In a bowl, combine cheese and flour; gradually add to soup. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low; stir in cream. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 371 calories, 26g fat (16g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 835mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Wild Rice Cheese Soup
"I have made this several times and it always turns out wonderful - I followed the ingredients and directions exactly."
"I own a Bed & breakfast and have prepared this soup for luncheons a number of time in the fall. It always gets rave reviews."