Wild Rice Casserole Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef, cooked and drained
- 2 cans (11-1/2 ounces each) condensed chicken with rice soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon each celery salt, garlic salt and onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the beef, soup, onion, rice, mushrooms and seasonings; mix well. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until rice is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 349 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 988 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Reviews for Wild Rice Casserole
"Easy to make! Needs a side dish like potatoes and veggies to make it feel complete. My toddlers didn't care for it, however, so I'm not sure I'll make it again. However, my husband and I both thought it was alright so I might make it again when the kids are older. I froze half of recipe for another day. It's worth trying!"